I feel like I'm either in the dark ages or the 1930s and neither one is particularly appealing. It's appeared for a number of weeks at least that this is a true depression rather then a recession. I wonder if a renaming is in order. You know how the Great War got renamed WWI when we (we as in humanity) were stupid enough to have a second one? Well here we managed to debt ourselves into a possibly even worse depression the the original. Guess we don't learn very well.
Well, as to what really inspired this early morning rant. My quote of the post was the NY Times quote of the day. It actually made me sit back with my jaw hanging. I know there are men that still think that way but wow, really? A public official not only said that but implemented such a program. Our welfare system looks so modern and supportive now. And I'd like to point out, relating back to the first topic, exactly how many female CEOs have you seen coming for stimulus money and have to come back again because they spent it on bonuses? None, really? Yeah, me too. Must be becuase they are so fiscally irresponsible. Anyway, love to all and have a great day.
Oh, wait. One last question. Is the US paying for this great new welfare system in Baghdad? Yes would be my guess, but I'll have to look into that.
Quote of the Post:
If we give the money to the widows, they will spend it unwisely because they are uneducated and they don’t know about budgeting. But if we find her a husband, there will be a person in charge of her and her children for the rest of their lives.
- Mazin al-Shihan, director of a city agency in Baghdad, on his plan to pay men to marry Iraqi war widows
No comments:
Post a Comment