This weekend included a visit from my sister. For Christmas she got me tickets to a Broadway show and we finally both had free time. We enjoyed Spanish tapas on Friday, shopped on Saturday and then took a quick ride to Patsy's for yummy pizza before the show. We saw La Cage Aux Folles and it was fabulous! I couldn't believe how funny it was; laughed the whole time and we munched on Godiva chocolate covered pretzels. Doesn't get better then that.
Afterwords we headed to The View, a revolving restaurant in times square. A bit pricey but amazing views in 360 of the night lights of NY and NJ. We also managed to fit in a makeover. Go figure. Gotta love the city that never sleeps. It wore us out eventually so then we headed home.
The next morning we were up to get my favorite french toast and to meet up with Connie. Connie was taking "Stanley" around to see NY, a character her young nephew sent her in a way to explore the world with his class at school. Here is Stanley enjoying Central Park. Both Sara and Connie left me via train to return to upstate. More adventures next weekend.
Quote of the Post:
I want to wake up in the city, that never sleeps ...
If I can make it there, I can make it just about anywhere
New York, New York
- Frank Sinatra
Sounds like a familiar weekend... :) No Pesto sliming this week, though?
ReplyDelete