Why do smartphones make people so stupid? I swear, if I have one more person shuffling along, head down, furiously typing walk into me I might have to go on a blackberry/iphone mass destruction rampage. Seriously, what is so important that you have to respond this second and yet requires you to slowly and painfully move slowly like an inebriated old man. It can either wait 5 minutes until you get to your destination or should require your full attention, so stop, deal with it and get out of my way. Thxs.
So on my little island we have our own police force, but we are all too happy to have police so we call our NYPD Public Safety Officers. As I walked home yesterday on a pedestrian path I heard a little motor coming up behind but it was moving faster then the wheelchairs that populate my island. Yep, here came the PSO on his own Segway - really, the cars, SUVs and 20 mountain bikes they have aren't enough, they need Segways so police my 2 mile island? Of course they do. I feel safer already, here comes the cavalry on Segways.
If you live in a city and choose to have a dog - pick it up. Really, do I have to list the million reasons for dog and human health alike that you should do so. And then when dogs get banned from yet another park for leaving gifts you sit there and complain - it is your damn fault. You are giving all of us dog owners a bad reputation. And to the girl who informed me that her dispenser didn't go with her outfit and no she didn't want a bag because she didn't like picking it up.. Seriously, you have a dog, that is part of it.
Finally, tourists. Now I work in Midtown between Rockefeller Center and Times Square so tourists are everywhere but stopping in the middle of an intersection to take a picture, risking your life, for something you could buy a better copy of from a street vendor makes no sense to me. Also stopping dead suddenly during rush hour is going to get you shoved around and sworn at, so don't do it. The other night I realized I'd become a New Yorker. There was some starlet, dressed to the nines in a shimmery silver cocktail dress, ordering a hot dog from a street vendor and then eating the hot dog with just enough sexual innuendo to make the paparazzi and tourists go into a picture taking frenzy and I, along with all the New Yorkers trying to get home, kept shoving through the swarm of photographers, jostling their pictures and not even stopping to know who the "star" was. Seriously, they have sound stages for that, use them. K, enough for today - best to all of you.
Quote of the Post:
Renfield: I don't know what you're talking about. If you insist on ranting like this, I'm going to leave!
Dr. Seward: Me, ranting? You're the ranter!
- Dracula, Dead and Loving it
No comments:
Post a Comment