January 28, 2009

Gone ... to the Gym

So every year I make a bunch of resolutions but never seem to keep them. This year I decided not to make any and yet, for some reason, I felt inspired to join the school's gym this morning. We get a foot of snow dumped on us, so, logically, I decide to get up early, shovel myself out and go to the gym. Despite the weather, it felt good to get out and exercise. I haven't had time since clinics started a year ago so I hope that I keep this up. Maybe I'll slim down by graduation, that would be nice.

Yesterday I had my first (and hopefully last) photo shoot. You can catch my great look in the law school's spring edition of the alumni magazine, complete with interview. Yep, I'm a celeb ... "This morning I caught up with Lena for coffee at the vet school coffee cart. She seemed relaxed in her white coat complete with stethoscope and I just had to ask ...." ;-)

Anyway, hope you are all doing well despite the weather and economy. I've high hopes that Obama might come through on some of his talk; what a concept for a president!

Quote of the Post:
Step into any supermarket and you're accosted with stupidity. Has anyone ever wondered why magazines feature the same celebrities at every single checkout counter? Why not a magazine about finding a cure for leukemia? Or a magazine about solving world hunger?
- The Genius Club

No comments:

Post a Comment