January 23, 2009

Woo-Hoo, again

So I finished clinics this week, actually Monday at 8 am (I was on-call Sunday). That probably doesn't mean much to most of you, but to me it means I get my life back! I get to decide what to do, where to go and when. Mainly I'm going to classes but if I don't feel well or want to play hooky, I can not go. I can even leave Ithaca on weekends now that I won't be on-call anymore.

As for classes, I forgot I had a floating 2 cr for an Animal Law course I took that had not been applied to either school so I only need 23 credits but with the way my schedule is shaping up it looks like I'll be taking 25 to 26 credits. Still not too bad compared to the last year. Yep, gonna be a good semester. I'm loving my law classes so far, I even understand what is going on! I'm taking Evidence, Patent Law and a clinic - working at the US Attorney's Office in Syracuse. The first week has been really nice, though it's weird, I don't know a single person in my classes. Well, one actually, a very nice 2L that my Firm (aka they might not want to be listed here) heavily recruited but she ended up choosing the competition because they have a better record of placing people at the court she wants to clerk at.

Quote of the Post:
Mr. Sheffield: Ah, Miss Fine, you seem to have listed the Queen Mother as a reference.
Fran: Lemme see ... oh, no, that's not the Queen Mother. That's my mother from Queens!
- The Nanny

No comments:

Post a Comment